Herbalist Josh Williams of Greenthread Herbs presents this make-and-take workshop on herbally infused oils. Oils are a wonderful way to work with herbal medicine. They allow us to massage, spread, drop, and soothe the herbs right where we need them most. In this class you’ll learn about some of the best plants for infusion in oils and some of the best oils to work with in making herbal medicines. Then, you’ll get to create your own infused herbal oil to take home and share!
COST and INCLUSIONS
$45 class includes instruction, supervised DIY, and everything you need to make at least 3 jars of high-potency of infused oil! You’ll also be learning a well-kept secret method of enhancing the power of your oil extractions! You'll learn all about:
- The benefits and uses of herbal infused oils
- Which oils to use and which herbs work well in oils
- Preparing oils for use in balms, salves, and creams
- Some of Josh’s favorite oil recipes
You'll also choose the oil you create…
- Mugwort & Lavender Sleep Oil – massage on feet and crown for vivid, intuitive dreamtime
- Mullein & Garlic Ear Oil – prep for cold season!
- Arnica & Ashwagandha Muscle Oil – soothe sore, aching muscles with this celebrated flower and other supportive herbs
This class includes a selection of organic oils, herbs, jars, sieving materials, bottles, and labels so that you can share what you make with loved ones. This is also a great DIY gift workshop as you’ll have enough to share with someone special on your holiday shopping list!